If you are suffering from a chronic disease, you already know how important chronic care management is. Proper management of a chronic condition can make the difference between inactivity or living your best life. Dr. Janette Nguyen and Dr. Hoan Ngo at Premier NW Houston Medical Group in Cypress, TX, provide comprehensive family medical services, including chronic disease management.
What You Need to Know about Chronic Disease Management
A chronic disease or medical condition can affect anyone, from children, to adults, to seniors. A chronic condition or disease doesn’t resolve on its own. You need to learn to live with it. Chronic conditions or diseases can be caused by:
- An accident or injury
- An illness or infection
- Genetics and other causes.
Some of the most common chronic diseases and conditions which should be managed by your doctor include:
- Heart disease
- Autoimmune disorders
The first step in chronic care management is for your doctor to perform a comprehensive evaluation and examination to determine your overall health. Chronic conditions will be identified, and your doctor will develop a customized treatment plan to manage your condition. The treatment plan may include:
- Medication management, to ensure you are taking the best medications in the proper dosages to manage your condition
- Nutritional counseling, to ensure you are getting proper nourishment for your body systems to function well
- Pain management techniques, to ensure pain reduction as much as possible, so you can live your best life
- Physical therapy, to ensure you are able to maintain strength, mobility and flexibility
- Lifestyle modification, to ensure you are able to avoid harmful habits and engage in healthy alternatives
- Routine testing and monitoring, to ensure your condition is stable and managed well
- Stress and relaxation techniques, to ensure your mind stays healthy too
Want to Know More?
To learn more about chronic care management and how your doctor can help, call Dr. Janette Nguyen and Dr. Hoan Ngo at Premier NW Houston Medical Group in Cypress, TX. You can reach them by calling (281) 758-1022, so call today.